Andrews McMeel Publishing is a leading publisher of poetry, inspiration, humor, and children’s books and licensed, culturally relevant calendars. We publish as many as 150 books and 200 calendars annually. We are happy to consider submissions from creators and literary agents via email or regular mail, but materials submitted by any other means will not be considered. Please keep in mind that we receive a high volume of submissions and we do not answer calls or visits regarding submissions.
Before submitting a proposal, please familiarize yourself with the types of work we publish and consider whether your work would be a good fit for us.
All proposals should include:
- Contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A cover letter describing the work as a whole, the targeted audience, the work’s relevance, rationale for why we are the best publisher for your work, and all other pertinent information that will help us thoroughly understand what you are proposing and be able to make a publishing decision.
- A brief bio describing who you are and your background. Include your social media accounts so we can learn more about you and your audience.
- A work sample, as defined below:
- For books: An outline of the entire work and an estimated length of the prospective manuscript. It is not necessary to send the entire, completed manuscript. Submit one or two sample chapters or sections, or enough material to give us a sense of the work as a whole. (For poetry books, submit at least 10 sample poems.)
- For calendars: An outline of the entire work and proposed calendar format(s). Submit at least 20 sample entries for a day-to-day calendar proposal, or a sample of artwork and related text for a wall or desk calendar proposal.
All proposals must be submitted via email or mail. If you submit your work via any means other than our submissions email or regular mail, your work will not be considered.
Please keep in mind that we receive a high volume of submissions. We respond to everyone, but due to the time-consuming nature of reviewing samples, this process may take 12 weeks or longer. We appreciate your patience. We do not accept calls or walk-ins regarding submissions.
Submitting by Email:
Submitting by Mail (Books or Calendars):
Andrews McMeel Publishing
ATTN: Submissions (Please specify Books or Calendars)
1130 Walnut St.
Kansas City, MO 64106
For all mail submissions, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope of the correct size to contain your work with sufficient postage for the return of all your material. Without this, we cannot return your materials to you. If you do not need your materials returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope only for our reply.
Do not send originals. Due to the possibility of items being damaged in transit, we are not liable or responsible in any way for damages to anything sent to or returned by us.