New York in Art 2021 Engagement Book Calendar
A spiral-bound desk diary filled with evocative photographs and paintings of New York City from the Met's collection.
New York City is defined by its soaring skyscrapers and broad bridges. But it’s also represented by modest scenes of quiet backyards and placid parks. This weekly engagement calendar from The Met showcases the tall and the small in paintings, photographs, and prints, all from the Museum’s collection. Here are John Marin’s dynamic view of the skyline and Edward Hopper’s scene of a subdued restaurant; Childe Hassam’s impressionist aerial images of the city’s essential squares and Dona Nelson’s intimate representation of an apartment kitchen table. From the tip of Liberty’s torch to the stairway of the subway, every week offers a new sight to enjoy as you keep track of appointments and occasions.
- 12 months from January 2021–December 2021
- Paperback with spiral binding
- Packaged in a gift box
- Opens to 14 inches wide x 9 inches high
- Pages alternate between glossy for images and matte for calendar pages for ease of writing
- An identifying caption and a brief descriptive historical text accompany each work of art
- Generous grid with space to add appointments and reminders
- Lined pages to note special events and other occasions
- Widely celebrated and nationally recognized holidays and observances
- Moon phases, based on Eastern Standard Time
- 2021 and 2022 at-a-glance planners
About the Author
This website contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you don’t pay a penny more, but we receive a small commission.