New York in Art 12-Month 2023 Engagement Calendar
This spiral-bound weekly desk diary is filled with evocative photographs and paintings of New York City from The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
New York City is defined by its soaring skyscrapers and broad bridges. But it’s also represented by modest scenes of quiet backyards and placid parks. This weekly engagement calendar from The Met showcases Gotham and all its splendor in paintings, photographs, and prints, all from the Museum’s collection.
Here are John Marin’s dynamic view of Times Square and Romare Bearden’s striking scene of Harlem; Childe Hassam’s Impressionist aerial image of flags waving on Fifth Avenue and Georgia O’Keeffe’s dramatic view of the East River. From the tip of Liberty’s torch to a crowded subway train, every week offers a new sight to enjoy as you keep track of appointments and occasions.
- Cover painting by Thomas Hart Benton (American, 1889–1975)
- 7" x 9" (14" x 9" open)
- Paperback with spiral binding
- Printed on FSC-certified paper with soy-based ink
- Packaged in a sturdy, full-color gift box
- Spans 12 months from January–December 2023
- Sunday–Saturday weeks
- Pages alternate between glossy for images and matte for calendar pages for ease of writing
- Generous grids with space to add appointments and reminders
- Widely celebrated and nationally recognized holidays and observances
- Moon phases, based on Universal Time
- 2023 and 2024 full year at-a-glance planners
- Lined notes pages to record special events and other occasions
- An identifying caption and a brief descriptive historical text accompany each work of art
About the Author
This website contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you don’t pay a penny more, but we receive a small commission.