You Can Live on the Bright Side
The Kids' Guide to Optimism
By Lucy Bell
Change and growth can be challenging, but this practical guide to optimism is full of information and advice to help—highlighting kids around the world who are doing good for themselves and others.
From the author of You Can Change the World comes a book of tips and tricks for kids to help them see the glass half full and live life with a positive outlook. Addressing topics such as mindfulness, meditation, gratitude, goals, and more, Lucy Bell delivers another richly illustrated book full of practical ways to:
- Cook delicious food to power your brain
- Decorate your room and create nice living spaces
- Get outdoors and have fun
- Channel your favorite animals through yoga
- Start a meditation practice
- Find out what your interests are
- Speak positively about yourself and others
- Start growing plants, reading, writing, and drawing
Throughout the book, you’ll also find stories of children across the globe who are embracing optimism during times of uncertainty, and you’ll learn how to do the same! Along with tips, tricks, and stories, the book contains STEM activities, recipes, ways to do good in your community, and more.
About the Author
Are you a librarian, teacher, and/or parent? Visit AMPKids.com for related teaching guides, printable activities, videos, and other tools to nurture a lifelong love of reading.
This website contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you don’t pay a penny more, but we receive a small commission.