The Swayze Year
You’re Not Old, You’re Just Getting Started!
Did you know that Patrick Swayze was 35 when he got his big break in Dirty Dancing? The Swayze Year is an entertaining and inspiring humor book that proves you’re never too old to reach your potential.
The Swayze Year celebrates later-in-life wins with short profiles of one person for every year from age 35 to age 100 who climbed mountains—metaphorical and literal—wrote their own storylines, and found their happy little trees at a more mature age. With wit, humor, and warmth, The Swayze Year proves that no matter how old you are, you’re not done yet. Featured profiles include:
- Toni Morrison published her debut novel, The Bluest Eye, at age 39
- At 41, Bob Ross became the beloved host of The Joy of Painting
- Judi Dench first achieved international fame for her role in Goldeneye at age 61
- At 84, Iris Apfel and her unique style were showcased by the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Pinetop Perkins became the oldest person to win a Grammy at age 97
About the Author
Meghan Daly had her own Swayze year at age thirty-five when she quit her corporate day job to open a beloved pie shop in Brooklyn, NY. Daly Pie has been featured in the New York Times, Eater, and the Cooking Channel, among others. She is embracing change once again by writing her first book with her best friend, Colleen.
This website contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you don’t pay a penny more, but we receive a small commission.