Iconic Recipes for a Taste of the Big Apple
- Old New York: Manhattan clam chowder, Waldorf salad, eggs Benedict, New York-style pizza, and New York-style cheesecake.
- Street foods and festivals: Soft pretzels, churros, falafel, Italian ice, caramel corn, and zeppoles.
- Delis and diners: Reuben sandwich, bagels, pot pie, and Brooklyn egg creams.
- Bakeries: Knishes, cinnamon rolls, black-and-white cookies, and Irish soda bread.
- Jewish specialties: Blintzes, brisket, mandelbroit, and "chicken" soup.
- Neighborhoods: Polish pierogis, Italian lasagna, Dominican arroz con maíz, Greek avgolemono soup, and Puerto Rican mofongo.
These recipes are simple and delicious and bring the city vibe to your own kitchen. As self-trained cooks, Michael and Ethan are food lovers who show how vegan food can taste just as good as nonvegan dishes and how eliminating animal products from your diet does not mean you can't enjoy New York City's iconic foods. This book includes full-color photography by Jackie Sobon and a list of current New York City vegan restaurants.
About the Author
This website contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you don’t pay a penny more, but we receive a small commission.