300 Reasons to Stop Cleaning
By Mary McHugh
"Cleaning is the most boring, pointless way to spend your time that ever existed," writes author Mary McHugh. Just think of all the wonderful things you could be doing instead:
- You could be learning to play the clarinet.
- You could plant a lilac bush.
- You could be riding a motorcycle down Main Street.
And although the house, your clothes, the children, and dog have to be cleaned sometime, Clean This! shows you how to get the cleaning done with the least amount of effort:
- Lots of children love to vacuum. Exploit this fact.
- If you never cook, you never have to clean up. Two very good things.
- Polish your floors by skating across them in your bunny slippers.
Anyone who has ever pushed a broom, washed a dish, or scrubbed a toilet will welcome McHugh’s tongue-in-cheek advice. Artist Adrienne Hartman’s cheerful illustrations help alleviate any lingering guilt from the mess. So put down the broom and let the dust bunnies multiply. Remember, nobody ever changed the world by cleaning a bathroom!
About the Author
This website contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you don’t pay a penny more, but we receive a small commission.